Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2021

A great word from Pastor Beth @ Valley Family Church yesterday!

 

Pastor Beth shared a great message yesterday. (https://www.valleyfamilychurch.org/)  One thing in particular caught my eye.  The reason it caught my eye was that it gave direction on a question that I often ask myself. 


I have been writing this blog for 9 1/2 years now.  There are times when I read something in Scripture and although it is good stuff I think to myself "I've blogged about that before" and I am hesitant to blog on it again because I don't want to "just recycle old material" as it were.  So unless I get a new insight into something I have blogged about before I move on.   

 

So here is the verse that Pastor Beth shared that caught my eye.

 

2 Peter 1:12-13(NKJV)

For this reason I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things, though you know and are established in the present truth. 

Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you, 

 

This is Peter talking.  Pastor Beth used this Scripture and then made the transition to a sports analogy.  In sports there are certain fundamentals that you focus on and practice over and over.  Even when you go to an advanced sports camp, where do they start?  The fundamentals!  Tell me I'm wrong.  :)

 

So the way I see it, there should be no hesitation in blogging about something even if I have covered it before if I think it is something fundamental.  Does that make sense?  I will try to remember that in the future.  Thanks Pastor Beth!!!


Pastor Beth made another great point yesterday that I will save for another time.  If you would like to get a head start and discover the other point then head on over to Valley Family Church and check it out for yourself!  https://www.valleyfamilychurch.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment