Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Lessons in child like faith!

I had a wonderful experience with my Grandson Rico this past weekend.  I have two new beagles and Rico was helping me train them out in the woods and fields.  As we were getting ready to head into the woods one of the dogs got loose and took off down the road with his leash trailing behind him. 

 

Rico stayed with Marco while I went after Polo who had disappeared down and around the curve.  Just around the curve, Polo for some reason left the road and went into the deep snow on the side of the road where his leash had gotten tangled up in some brush. 

 

When I got back to Rico he said "I knew you'd find him Grandpa because I was praying to Jesus the whole time!".

 

Wow, in time of crisis what was my grandson's (age 8) first instinct?  He went to Jesus!!!!  Yeah baby, that is child like faith in action!!!

So here is a test.  When things go to hell in your life where do your instincts take you?  Do you still have that child like faith?

I can't begin to tell you what a proud grandpa I was at that moment!  Well done Rico!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment