Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Do we take Heaven for granted?

Life is always interesting with God!

 

This morning I have a pressing issue and so I wanted to skip my time with God.  I just felt a bit distracted and wanted to give Him my best…at least that is what I told myself.  So I decided to hit the shower and start my day. 

 

As I was getting ready to shower God was like, "dude, you got time to shower, you got time to spend a few minutes with me.". 

 

Damn, sucks to be called out by God!  :)

 

He was right so I headed back to my desk and dug into the Word.  Here is a passage that caught my eye. 

 

Luke 20:35(NKJV)

But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 

 

"those who are counted worthy"

 

Interesting phrase.  As I started thinking about it my mind was going in one direction with what I was going to write.  As is my practice, I pray and ask God what points He would like me to make.  Actually it is more like, "alright God, where would you like me to go with this?". 

What is cool is that after I asked Him that question…He answered.  How do I know He answered?  Because thoughts started popping into my head seemingly out of nowhere that took me in a different direction.  A direction that I had not even foreseen.  Pretty cool!

So here is where God took me on this one!

 

Do we take Heaven for granted?  As Christians we are saved and we go on about our merry way, comfortable in the knowledge that we are going to Heaven.  But how many of us reflect on what an honor that is? 

What do I mean honor?  Jesus used the words "counted worthy".  Generally to receive an honor one has to be worthy of that honor!

Everyday I thank God for the blessing He has given me in life but you know what?  I never thank Him for the honor of going to Heaven. 

I will from now on!!!  :)

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment