Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

How come we take God for granted so often?

God is so cool!!!!!

How many times have I started a post with that phrase?  :)  I can't help it.  God does some incredibly cool things in our lives. 

Unfortunately, we often take those cool things for granted.  We don't thank God for them and even worse, we don't even notice!

 

I caught myself doing that over the last couple of days.  It's nothing intentional.  We just get busy with life and sometimes miss the significance of the little things.  It was only through reflection this morning that I put two and two together. 

 

First off, this morning as I asking my self "what part of my workout should I start?", almost instantaneously the thought popped into my brain, do your Bible study first.  I usually do it after workouts so I almost blew that thought off and continued with my routine when my brain sort of screeched "hold on there cowboy!!!".  (I know screeched doesn't sound very masculine but it was the first word that popped into my head)    :)

Let's look at that again.  I asked a question, seemingly to myself.  God instantaneously sends a thought into my brain suggesting a different option.  Why do I believe it was God?  Because the option that popped into my brain wasn't one that was even remotely on my radar and under consideration at the moment.  Remember, doing Bible study before workout wasn't my normal routine.  That is why I believe it was God directly intervening and giving me an opportunity to listen to Him if I chose to.

 

Fortunately for me, my brain was quick enough to recognize what was going on and let me know, "hey dude, when God sends you a direct answer to a question you just asked in your mind, don't be an idiot and ignore it!".   :)

 

So I did it God's way this morning and went to Scripture first, recognizing and thanking God for intervening.  That is when it got even cooler. 

 

It was like God said "you think that was cool?  Watch this!  Remember yesterday…….".  He went on to point out two or three little things that happened yesterday and how they all inter-related to answer something that I had been pondering.  Things that were so small that I took them for granted.

 

All because I listened and went to Scripture first today.  I did it God's way instead of my way.  What a concept! 

Would you like to have a direct relationship with God like that?  You can if you want to.  It starts with asking Jesus into your life.  Just have a conversation with Jesus.  Share with Him what is on your heart.  "Dear Jesus…."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment