Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2021

God's amazing ability to focus our thoughts!

 

It never ceases to amaze me how God can make certain words pop off the page at you.  Once again we have an example of a scripture that I have read numerous times and had never noticed this one particular part. Read the text and I will comment on the other side.

 

Acts 26:19-20(NKJV)

“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 

but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. 

 

Now in this text this is Paul speaking to King Agrippa. I've highlighted what caught my attention here. I have always thought of the book of James as the works book. You know we are taught that we are saved by faith but James brings back the idea of works have to go with faith. The concept being that they demonstrate to God in a concrete way our active faith.

 

So imagine my surprise when the words highlighted above jumped off the page at me. Isn't Paul in a way saying the same thing here as James says? Works be fitting repentance sounds an awful lot like works be fitting demonstration of our faith to me.

 

Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment