Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving - to whom are we thankful?

 

We have this great holiday called Thanksgiving.  But you really don't hear many in the media or anywhere else in society for that matter say who we should be thankful to. 

 

Well in my case let there be no question.  I am thankful to God for all of my blessings as well as all of my tribulations in life!!!  Each and every one of them!

 

Really?  Thankful for my tribulations?  Who you kidding?  That's BS!

 

Nope.  I am seriously grateful for the tribulations.  Why?  Because that is the first step in God's success plan that each and every one of us can put into action in our lives.  Doesn't cost a thing….other than being obedient to God.  :)

 

Romans 5:3-5(NKJV)

And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 

and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

 

Why is it so important that we "glory in tribulations"?  I believe it is because it is an outward sign of our inner faith in God.

 

Folks, I have been incredibly blessed in the past year.  Lost over 80 pounds.  Went from barely being able to walk 10 minutes on a treadmill in January 2020 to running a minimum of 2.25 miles a day.  My health has improved immeasurably.  I am very grateful and I give God all of the credit, honor, and glory for those blessing! 

 

But the blessings don't stop there!  God has also started bringing some long term goals to fruition in my life and I am incredibly grateful and give God all of the credit, honor, and glory for that as well.  An additional blessing as part of that process is that God is connecting the dots and showing me how different failures and tribulations over the last 5 years were so vitally necessary for me to develop the new skill sets needed for the completion of the current goals as well as the new vision and goals that God has laid out before me! 

 

Life is so exciting when you live in God's favor! 

 

So that is why I want to make sure everyone knows who I am grateful to for all that I have in life.  I am grateful to God!  Thank you Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment