Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

LOL!!!!! God sure can make me laugh!!!!!

Oh man!  I hesitated to write this but if you know me at all you know that I am pretty much a what you see is what you get kind of guy, so here goes.  :)

 

You all know my pattern. Read one chapter from the OT and the NT and then blog about what God spoke to me that day from His word.

 

So after my reading I am in prayer and meditation looking for what God was telling me from His word today.  I'm looking for connections between the Deuteronomy passage and the Acts passage.  Nothing is coming to me so I bear down and concentrate and try harder.  Still nothing!

 

So I bear down even harder.  Concentrate even more.  Really trying to force the connections and the revelation.  That's when God whispered in my ear:

 

"Dude, you're not trying to take a dump here."  I burst right out loud laughing!!!!  I truly did.

 

And then God continued His lesson.  He said relax.  You can't force revelation.  Revelation comes from Me.  No matter how much you concentrate and bear down, you can not force revelation.

 

So there you have it!  The lesson for today had nothing to do with the text that I read but had all to do with God giving me a good hearted reminder that He is in charge, not me. 

 

I so love my walk with God!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment