Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Any Time You Try To Rationalize….


Recognize it for what it is and do what you know is right.  Come on, you know we all do it occasionally.  Here is what I am talking about.

I've got a lot to do today and so I really wanted to get a jump on things.  I started rationalizing how it would be OK to do this and this first and then around noon get to my Bible study.  It was like I was running it by God for His OK.

And here's the cool thing.  He'd have let me if that was really the way things needed to be that day.  No punishment or anything.  I find God is a really understanding God. 

Fortunately there was another part of me that realized it for what it was and said "Oh no.  You always say "Put God first and everything else will fall into place.  So do it!"  :)

So here I sit doing my Bible study first thing and you know what?  I got two new things to write about out of todays reading.  I'll share them with you in the future.  For now just remember to recognize what is going on anytime you try to rationalize why you can't spend time with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment