Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Be Of Good Courage and Let Us Be Strong



1 Chronicles 19:13(NKJV)
13Be of good courage, and let us be strong for our people and for the cities of our God. And may the Lord do what is good in His sight.”

You may recall a couple of weeks ago I wrote about The Dichotomy of the Meek and Strong.   I ran across this verse and it just reminded me again of that dichotomy.

David's army is out there doing God's work.  They are just about to go into battle against two armies at once.  Did they pray for meekness?  Heck no!  They prayed for courage and strength!

Hmm!

I personally think this is a much healthier approach to our Christian walk, as long as we remember where that courage and strength come from.

Philippians 4:13(NKJV)
13I can do all things through £Christ who strengthens me.

Is Jesus strengthening you in your daily walk?  Have you asked Jesus to take control and guide you?  Why not do it right now?  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment