Search This Blog

Monday, November 4, 2013

"I do not pray for the world"


 
John 17:9(NKJV)
9“I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 

I've always found this quote of Jesus interesting.  This goes along with the Kumbaya Jesus that I've written about before.
 
Many people think that it is OK to blow off Jesus and not believe.  No big deal.    Let bygones be bygones they say. 

I just don't think it works that way.  I have offered other Scriptures to back up that belief.  Here is another verse where Jesus plainly says He doesn't pray for the world.  He only prays for those whom God has given Him.  In other words Jesus only prays for those who have accepted Him.

Is Jesus praying for you?  Would you like Him to?  Then just ask Him to come into your life and lead you.  It's that simple.  Have a conversation with Jesus and let him know what you are looking for.  You'll be glad you did.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment