Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Does That Mean God Isn't There?



Today is one of those rare days where I got nothing.  I've read a chapter from both the OT and the NT.  I've asked God for guidance, for a Word to pass on.  Nothing.  Does that mean God isn't there for me?

Don't be silly!  It just simply means what it means, I got nothing today.  Some days are like that.  Doesn’t mean God isn't listening.  Doesn't mean I need to feel bad about it.  Doesn't mean I've done something wrong and God is pissed and not talking to me anymore.  Just means today nothing really spoke to me today.

The reason I wanted to bring this up is that there are people out there that would take this as some kind of sign that they have sinned or something.  I would simply say listen to the Holy Spirit.  If He is giving you a sign that something is wrong then deal with it.  But don't go making yourself feel guilty for something you have no reason to feel guilty about.

If you've got a good or great relationship with God, then in my opinion the dynamic is like any other family dynamic.  What I mean is that with the people you are close to, you don't always have to talk.  Sometimes you just sit and enjoy each others company.  Well guess what, you can enjoy God's company in the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment