Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Faith….with….Power!


Faith

Power

Two words that many people never think of together. 

Faith…..with….Power

Hmm.

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12(NKJV)
11Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, 
12that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Faith with power through Jesus Christ. 

As we grow in our faith we accumulate power that goes with that faith.  That power flows to us through our belief and faith in Jesus Christ.  I've often said that faith is like a muscle.  The more you use it the stronger it gets.

Back in August of 2013 I was pondering this very issue as I was dealing with Satan screwing with me.  It wasn't any deep spiritual crisis or anything.  It was just Satan screwing with me over a week's time trying to spoil my attitude and trying to sway me from Romans 5:3-5.

You know, the verse where we are told to glory in our tribulations?  That is one of my foundational verses.  I believe that the spirit in which we deal with out tribulations is very important to God.  We need to deal with them with a smile on our faces.  Satan was trying to steal my smile and I wasn't going to allow it!

Let me first tell you that he didn't even come close to winning because I have Jesus on my side.  That is when it occurred to me that as a mature Christian, I didn't have to go whining to Jesus about mean old Satan screwing with me and begging Jesus to protect me as so many do. 

I already had the power, delegated to me by Jesus, to rebuke Satan on my own; provided I never lose sight of where that power came from!  If I were to lose sight of the fact that the power came from Jesus and started claiming it as my own, I would be headed for trouble.

It was such a comforting feeling to be able to say to Satan, "Dude you can screw with me all you want but the most you can be is a minor irritant because  I will have final victory through Jesus.  So take a hike and no you can't have my smile!"   

Would you like to experience the power of Jesus in your own life?   The first step is accepting Jesus into your life as your Lord and Savior.  The second step is to get to know Him, build a relationship with Him.  I can help you with the first step.  The second part will be up to you and will take a lifetime.  But what a great lifetime it can be!

The first step is to simply ask Jesus to lead your life.  Have a conversation with Jesus.  Let Him know what you are looking for and then ask Him into your life.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment