Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2014

Gotta Disagree Here



I've got to disagree with Paul on this one.  In fact I find it illogical based on some of the other things he has said. 

Hebrews 6:4-6(NKJV)
4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 
5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 
if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

He seems to be saying that if you were a believer but have fallen away, you can't come back to Jesus.

I disagree.  The only thing that I recall in the Bible about permanent exile as it were is for blaspheming the Holy Spirit.  Other than that, I believe God will always take us back if we repent.

I'll have to keep an eye out for more on this issue as I read in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment