Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2016

Character of God



So I am heading down this path.  A Word study on the character of God. 

A while back I found Scripture that said God is…. And then followed with different words throughout the book.  God whispered to me "if you want to understand my character this might be a good place to start." 

I found around 40 words used to describe God.  So what I am going to do now is to start studying those words.  The first word is wise.  The word wise is used once.  There are 197 instances of the word wise in the Bible.  Here is what jumps out at me so far.

Here is an example.

15So I took the heads of your tribes, wise and knowledgeable men, and made them heads over you, leaders of thousands, leaders of hundreds, leaders of fifties, leaders of tens, and officers for your tribes."

When looking to establish leadership over the tribes of Israel the Bible always tells them to look for wise people.  Not average people.  Not poor people.  Wise people. 

In addition Proverbs tells us over and over that we should seek wisdom.  So God is wise and it is a characteristic that He wants us to pursue in our own lives. 

Seems like sound advice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment