Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

God had to have faith too!


I am reading through the Gospels again and one of the things that I am reminded of is something that I realized last time through.

For God's plan of salvation to work, God had to have faith in Jesus too.  Here is what I mean.

One of the things I continue to be impressed with is God's respect for free will.  It seems to be one of the principals that he does not violate.  In other words, He will never over ride our free will choices.  If we choose not to follow He won't make us.

Well I believe that goes for Jesus as well, especially when Jesus was on earth as a human being. 

Now God's plan of salvation is dependent on Jesus voluntarily going to the cross on our behalf.  For us to be saved we have to have faith in Jesus.  Well guess what.  For God's plan of salvation to come true God Himself had to have faith in Jesus.  Why you ask?

Because of God's respect for free will.  Now God and Jesus are tight and God was pretty sure that Jesus would come through.  But in the end if Jesus had decided not to go through with it I believe that God would have respected Jesus' free will decision.  I'm sure God would have been hurt by that but He would have respected it.

So as you can see, God had to have faith in Jesus just like the rest of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment