Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2016

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue"


I wish more people understood this principal.  You are hung by the tongue, snared by the words of your mouth.

Let me give just one small example.  When I hear people say things like "if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all" I just cringe.  Man, talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Do you realize how destructive that is?  You are setting your subconscious up to expect and attract bad luck. 

Why would a person do that?  I personally think it is because they don't understand the power of the tongue.  They don't understand that the subconscious can't tell the difference between the truth or a lie.  They think it is just a pithy, offhand comment, no big deal.

Nothing could be further from the truth in my opinion! 

Proverbs 18:21(NKJV)
    Death and life are in the power of the tongue,      And those who love it will eat its fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment