Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Foundational Verse Number 2


Just to make sure we are all on the same page let me make clear that I don't put these "foundational verses" above the verses that explain that Jesus is the savior and we are saved through our faith in Him.  That is always first and foremost.  Everything else comes after my accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

Have you done that yet?  Asked Jesus to come in to your life and lead you?  Why not do it right now.  Have a conversation with Jesus.  "Dear Jesus…."

Anyway, I look to the Bible for foundational truths to live by.  This is one of my top two or three.

2 Timothy 1:7(NKJV)
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

What kind of spirit did God give us?  A spirit of POWER and LOVE, and a SOUND MIND.  So why do so many Christians walk around with their head down, acting and feeling defeated?  Use the power that God gave you!  :) 

This verse reminds me that when I allow myself to feel like that, I am not relying on God as I should.  This verse reminds me to change that immediately.  Make the decision!   

1 comment:

  1. This was our focus verse on our mission trip to Jamaica and its still one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete