Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

"For it seems to me unreasonable to send a prisoner and not to specify the charges against him."


 
Acts 25:23-27(NKJV)
So the next day, when Agrippa and Bernice had come with great pomp, and had entered the auditorium with the commanders and the prominent men of the city, at Festus’ command Paul was brought in. 
And Festus said: “King Agrippa and all the men who are here present with us, you see this man about whom the whole assembly of the Jews petitioned me, both at Jerusalem and here, crying out that he was not fit to live any longer. 
But when I found that he had committed nothing deserving of death, and that he himself had appealed to Augustus, I decided to send him. 
I have nothing certain to write to my lord concerning him. Therefore I have brought him out before you, and especially before you, King Agrippa, so that after the examination has taken place I may have something to write. 
For it seems to me unreasonable to send a prisoner and not to specify the charges against him.”

You know there are many who level this criticism at God.  If you are going to condemn people to death, or in the case of God, to eternal damnation, what are the charges?

Think about that.  What are the charges?  What is it that costs you salvation?  Not giving your heart to Jesus!
 
Really?  You mean somebody can be the best person in the world, do all kinds of good for mankind, and still go to hell?  According to what I read in the Bible, yes. 

You mean someone like Muhamed Ali, who just passed away and by all accounts was a devout and peaceful Muslim; he is going to hell?  According to the Scripture I read; yes.

"How is it fair" many people cry?  I would respond with how is it not fair?  God was good enough to give us life.  God gives us free will to make choices in our lives.  God lays out a plan of salvation which we are free to accept or reject.  God lays out ahead of time the benefits and drawbacks of each choice.  But He leaves the choice up to each and every one of us. 

Now for those who choose not to follow Jesus, they know ahead of time what the charges will be.  How much fairer can you be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment