Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2018

Standing on the promises of God


Before you can stand on the promises of God you need to know what those promises are don't you?  I have a general sense of what God's promises are but I thought it might be interesting to catalog them and group them by subject so that when I am facing this situation or that, I will have specific promises to hang my faith on.

Here are 5 promises from my reading today in Revelation 2.  One of the things I have written about in the past and I find true in the verses today is that God's promises are always conditional.  They aren't automatic.  So if you are going to stand on the promises of God wouldn't it be helpful to know that the conditions are of the specific promises you are standing on?  I certainly think so.  Hopefully this catalog of verses will help with that.
 
Revelation 2:7(NKJV)
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.”’

Revelation 2:10(NKJV)
Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Revelation 2:11(NKJV)
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.”’

Revelation 2:17(NKJV)
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.”’

Revelation 2:26(NKJV)
And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—

No comments:

Post a Comment