Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2018

The blessings Jesus receives from God.


Look at the listing of the benefits that Jesus receives from God.

Revelation 5:12(NKJV)
saying with a loud voice:      “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain     To receive power and riches and wisdom,     And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”

Notice what isn't there.  Fear, weakness, and being poor.  Now I'd like to focus especially on the "saintly poor".  There are so many Christians who think there is virtue in being poor.  Many draw that conclusion from the verse that says the poor shall inherit the earth. 

As I wrote the other day, I think many people are mis interpreting that verse.  As I've said before, I don't think that verse is referring to poor in the monetary sense.  I think it is talking about spiritual poverty.  After all, if being monetarily poor was such a great thing in the eyes of God, then why did God bless Jesus with riches instead of poverty???

No comments:

Post a Comment