Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Does God customize His messages for you?

 

It never ceases to amaze me how God uses different ways to speak directly to me.  It is interesting how He can turn my attention to certain Scriptures and make sure I focus on just the parts He wants me to pay attention to.  I had one of those experiences today. 

 

I was reading in the OT today when all of a sudden the passage I was reading had a new meaning to me.  It was a passage I have read many times before but had never thought of in this way.  God linked it directly to something that is happening in my life right now.  It was encouraging and it made me smile.  It was like "Thanks God, I needed that!".  (Just to be clear.  Nothing bad going on.  Something happening in my life in good way :)

But here is what I noticed today that I think is the neatest part.  Have you ever had the experience of reading Scripture some days and your mind wanders?  Your eyes are seeing the words but your brain isn't even processing them.  It seems like it is just blah, blah, blah.

Well it was like that at first today.  And then all of a sudden this particular verse jumped off of the page at me.  It was actually about two paragraphs.  And then as I read on, it went back to blah, blah, blah.  So I went back to where it started to be blah, blah, blah and read it again.  My mind wandered again.  I tried it a third time.  My mind wandered again.

It was like God was saying that those two paragraphs were the part He wanted me to focus on today.  The rest of it didn't matter for what He was trying to tell me or teach me at that moment.

I think it is pretty cool when God customizes His messages to me.  Would you like God to take an interest in you like that?  It's easy.  It starts with Jesus, God's son.  Ask Jesus to come into our life.  Just have a conversation with Jesus.  Let Him know what you need or are looking for in life. 

 

"Dear Jesus….."  

No comments:

Post a Comment