Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2021

Faith

 

As I've mentioned before, I read one chapter from the OT and one chapter from the NT and then just contemplate what God spoke to my through His word that day.  The one thing that spoke out to me today was the word Faith.

 

I just love it when God connects the dots.  At first I didn't get it.  We know that our salvation is based on our faith.  The word faith is used a lot in the New Testament.  A lot!

As you know, one of my Scriptural study principals is confirmation of a concept in both the OT and the NT.  As I thought about it I couldn't really think of any mentions in the OT about faith so I decided to look into that.  Here is what I found.
 

The word faith is used 229 times in the Bible.  Two references in the OT and 227 times in the NT.  You read that right.  Only 2 times in the whole OT. 

So is the whole faith construct a NT thing not really confirmed in the OT?  Hmm.

That is when God stepped in and connected the dots for me.  Essentially, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck…it’s a duck! 

In the OT, I was reading Moses' speech to the Israelis before sending them forth into the promised land.  God simply took that opportunity to point out that Moses demonstrated his faith in God in a very real way.  The OT didn't use the word faith in his journey but he demonstrated it in a very concrete way. 

God led me to other examples Like Abraham and said just because I didn't use this specific word or that specific word, don't get hung up on that.  Was the concept of faith itself demonstrated in a very real way?  If so then there is your confirmation!

Thanks for clearing that up Lord!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment