Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Giving God the credit and praise!

 

I am praising God today for a miracle in my life.  I want to give Him all the credit and glory!

 

I little over a year ago I was really overweight with many of the health issues that go along with being overweight.  Diabetes runs in my family and if I wasn't diabetic I must have been pretty darn close. 

My Grandma and my Dad were both diabetic.  I watched my Dad go through a couple of years of 3 times a week dialysis.  What a tough existence.  Not something I wanted to go through but unfortunately I could see I was almost certainly headed in that direction.  Needed to lose weight but didn't have any real hope of doing so.

 

That is when God brought Noom back around into my attention span.  Noom is a weight loss app for your phone that I had started keeping an eye on about a year previous.  I had checked it out and it seemed to make sense but I wanted to see if it had staying power before I tried it.

 

At just the right time, when I was ready, God dropped the thought into my brain, "hey remember that Noom thing?".  I love the way God does that.  He just plants the seed, points me in the right direction, and sends me down a new path.

Long story short.  I signed up.  How much did I want to lose?  I picked 50 pounds because it seemed like such and impossible number.  They said it would take 7 months.  I lost the first 50 pounds in 4 months.  Decided to head down to 160 pounds.  I am slightly under that today.  I lost over 80 pounds in 7 months and have kept it off. Noom taught me how to eat healthy.

Here is why I give God the credit and glory.  I had tried to lose weight on my own many times in different ways.  Usually lost short term and then gained it back and more.  But even when I did lose weight on my own it was a struggle and I hated it. 

Once God stepped in and showed me the direction I needed to go the rest was easy.  Not only was it easy but it was enjoyable and fun!  Really kind of weird.  Doesn't mean it is a perfect world.  I still have cravings and I still have the occasional night where "the elephant gets out" and I eat everything in sight.  But the system I learned to deal with issues like that works most of the time.

 

So here is the additional blessing of trusting and following God.  Because of all that weigh loss my health has improved dramatically.  I am no longer obese.  In fact my BMI is now in the normal range.  My medications for my couple normal ailments have been adjusted down or eliminated. 

And best of all, my A1C was right in the middle of the normal range.  Folks, I don't believe this would have ever happened without God's intervention.  I am so grateful for this new lease on life.  Thank you Lord!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment