Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2021

It is and always has been a heart issue!

 

As you know, I always look for confirmation between the Old and the New Testament of any theory that I have.


One of the things I have commented on before is that while Paul had kind of a cantation that has to be said to be save, Jesus always said it was a heart issue.  Jesus wasn't looking for "magic words".  He was looking at your heart.

 

And just to be clear I am referring to the whole "believe in your hear and speak it with your mouth" thing.  That was added by Paul.  Jesus just said it was a heart issue. 

So imagine my surprise today when I ran across this verse.
 

Deuteronomy 8:2(NKJV)

And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. 

 

Isn't that interesting.  Confirmation in the OT!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment