Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2021

So you think eating meat is immoral?


First let me say that I am not against being vegetarian.  I eat very little meat myself anymore.  But that is by choice, not because I feel that there is anything morally wrong with eating meat. 

My issue here is with people who cast the choice of eating meat or not as a moral one.  I ran across this verse today.  I'm sure I've taken note of it before but I thought I would point it out again.

 

Acts 10:9-13(NKJV)

The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour. 

Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance 

and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 

In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 

And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.

 

That is God telling Peter specifically to kill and eat animals.

God doesn't tell people to do immoral things.  Case closed in my opinion.

As I said above, I eat very little meat today but that is simply a food choice. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment