Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Children of Promise!


Things not going your way?  Life got you down?  Are you facing challenges in your life?  If so then I've got a great Scripture for you today.

Galatians 4:28(NKJV)
28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise

Once we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we become heirs in Christ.  We become Children of Promise.  God has made many promises to us.  All we have to do is learn what those promises are and then stand on those promises. 

What are some of those promises?  Let's list just a few.  Let's start with one of my very favorites.

Romans 5:3-5(NKJV)
3And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 
4and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 
5Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
 
If we will bear our tribulations with grace, there are many life changing benefits that will come out of it.  It clearly says that if we have hope in our hearts, God WILL NOT disappoint us.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

God's plans for us are good.  They give us a future and hope.  And what did we learn about hope above?  That when God gives us hope, He doesn't disappoint. 

Now if you are thinking "ya but things really suck right now.  If God's plan for me is so good how come it sucks right now?"

Fair question.  There can be many reasons.  Sometimes its because God just needs you to go through some stuff to learn some new life lessons.  Sometimes we need to evaluate what we are doing right now and maybe change our approach.  Notice I'm not saying that what you are doing now is sinning and your not getting ahead just because of that (although that can sometimes be the case). 

What I'm saying is that sometimes we are just stalled because of our approach.  It may be something as simple as changing our thought patterns and speech patterns.  The great thing is that if you search for it, God will reveal the answers to you in His word.

Here are some others I find helpful.

Matthew 11:28-29
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

John 14:27
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

The bottom line is that you are not powerless.  You have the ability to make your situation better.  It starts with accepting Jesus.  Have you done that yet?  If so then dig into the Scriptures with absolute faith that you are a Child of Promise.  God wants great things for you.  Take hope and let Him guide you, He will not disappoint!

4 comments:

  1. Those are some of my favorite verses. I love Jeremiah 29:11. It always encourages me when I go through trials because I know it is all part of God's good plan for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great word for today. For me, it helps so much when I speak His promises because the more I say it out loud it rises up in my spirit and I get so enthusiastic about it! I love that verse in Isaiah 40.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things that I like about VFC is that they are a church that teaches the importance of verbalizing things. Very important!

    ReplyDelete