Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Roach's Prayer


A friend of mine passed away last week and I went to the funeral today.  My friend's nick name was Roach.  Now Roach was a hard partying kind of guy and so I wasn't terribly surprised to hear that he had passed away. 

What I want to share with you today though was a simple prayer that my friend had written that the family found tucked away in a drawer.  My friends outlook on life was pretty simple.  Wok hard, play even harder.  His prayer is just as simple but there is a wisdom in the simplicity that I'd like to share. 
------------------
Thank you God for what you have given me.

Thank you for what you have taken from me.

Thank you for what you have left me.

Amen my friend!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool prayer. I like that it's simple but also very meaningful. THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete