Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Helpful Tool



One of the things that is weird about the Old Testament is that it isn't all in order.  It jumps around a bit.  That is sometimes hard for me to keep track of because I am such a linear thinking person.

Today in 2 Kings it talks about King Hezekiah seeking guidance from the prophet Isaiah.  To put a time frame to it, I think this is around 5-6 generations after King Solomon but that is just a rough estimate.  But reading that part reminded me of a tool that I have on my computer. 



This is a little chart that I found that gives the Timeline of the Prophets.  It tells when they lived ad it also tells who they were a prophet to. 

One of the things that amazed me about this chart is that there are several instances when there were more than one prophet alive at the same time.  For some reason that surprised me.  I had this image in my mind that God doled out the prophets one at a time.  I don't know why I thought that, I just did.

I hope you find this tool helpful.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment