Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Old and The New


I'm frequently struck by the differences between the Old Testament and the New Testament.  Some times it is hard to believe that they are part of the same book.  The Old Testament has so much violence and deception and the New Testament is all love and peace. 

One of the things that is consistent in both books is the pain that it takes to explain the genealogies.  I've been reading the Old Testament exclusively for a few months and today I felt lead to start the NT again so I am back to reading a chapter of each a day again.  My OT reading for today was 1 Chronicles 1. 

The weird thing was that both Matthew 1 and 1 Chronicles 1 start with a listing of the genealogies.  I had never noticed that before.

Anyway it is good to be back in the NT again and I look forward to seeing what new insights the Holy Spirit has in store for the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment