Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

God is….Part 2


As I wrote on Friday I have been pondering God's character.  On Friday God, through  His Word, gave me the idea to do a word search on the phrase "God is" in the Bible.  I listed a lot of phrases on Friday but there were too many to get through that day so I finished the study today.

Pretty interesting to say the least.  I ended up with 48 words or phrases from that study.  Some of them you would expect.

God is love.

God is salvation.

God is holy.

Some were not what I expected.

God is terror.  (this appears twice)

God is jealous.

God is a consuming fire.

There are several words that appear more than once. 

Able (5 times)

Witness (4 times)

Merciful (2 times)

But there is only one word that appears 35 times to describe God.  The next closest number of times a word is used is only 12 times.  I wonder if there is any significance to that?

Any idea what that word is?

Giving! 

I think it is a good idea to try to reflect the character of God in our daily lives.  More than anything else God is described as being giving.  I can't think of a better place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment