Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2014

I'm Not Sure This Is True Any More



Psalms 9:16(NKJV)
16    The Lord is known by the judgment He executes;     The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Meditation.£ Selah

While I still believe the second part of this verse, I'm not sure the first part of the verse is true anymore.  Here is what I mean.

I have referred several times in my ramblings to Kumbaya Jesus and Kumbaya God.  This belief that God is totally cool with people rejecting Jesus.  That God has a live and let live attitude about someone rejecting His Son.  Scripture is very clear that this is not the case.
 
Once someone has been given the chance to accept Jesus and they reject Him, God takes that very personally.  God in His Word describes that person as an enemy of God.  Scripture is also very clear that God will execute judgment on that person. 

I just don't think most people believe that there really will be a judgment.  I've heard way too many people say things like "A loving God wouldn't do that.", etc.  The whole belief in Kumbaya God all over again.

You know back in the old days around 550 BC or so I believe God allowed the Jews to be carried off to Babylon.  Sort of a smack upside the head to get their attention and make them believe in His judgments again.  I wonder what He has up His sleeve this time around?

No comments:

Post a Comment