Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2014


Basking!
Monday, November 24, 2014
11:17 AM
I am basking today!  What a great feeling!

What the heck am I talking about?

bask
  1. to lie in or be exposed to a pleasant warmth:
to bask in the sunshine.
  1. to enjoy a pleasant situation:
He basked in royal favor.


I think I have written in the past about how so much of my prayer time ends up just being praise.  I figure God knows His job better than I do so I try not to get in the way.  That results in my not asking for much and spending most of the time just praising and thanking Him for giving me such a great life to lead.

But along with that praise I also sometimes lapse into just basking in God's love.  It's hard to describe but I think basking is the only word that adequately describes the feeling I get. 

In my prayer time I will sometimes go from praise to just being silent and enjoying my connection with God.  As it says above I feel a pleasant warmth envelope me at those times.  Even on a cold wet day like today. 

If you've never experienced it  give it a try sometime.  Get connected with God and then just fall silent for a while and enjoy the connect.

Bask! 

No comments:

Post a Comment