Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Listening to the voices



I watched an old movie the other night called Joan of Arc.  It is the true story of a woman who led the French people way back in the day.  She was a simple peasant girl with a deep faith who believed that God or His angels spoke to her.

Do God or His angels ever speak to you?  Or too put it another way, do you hear the Holy Spirit speak to you and guide you?  And the most important question.  When they do speak, do you listen?

You're probably wondering where I am going with this. 

In the movie the one time that Joan got into trouble was when she didn't listen to the voices and follow them.  I have found in my own life that the same thing is true. 

Now I'm not comparing myself to Joan of Arc because I certainly haven't been called to do anything like what she was called to do.  My point however is that the principal is the same.  If God takes the time to guide your life, please take the time to listen and follow His lead! 

How do you get God to lead you?  Simple.  Start by asking Jesus, God's son, to come into your life and be your Lord and Savior.  Ask Him for direction.  Ask Him to lead you.  Just have a conversation with Jesus.  "Dear Jesus…."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment