Search This Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Can we be saved against our will?


Interesting question isn't it?  Think about it.  God is all powerful, right?  He can do anything He wants.  So why doesn't God simply over ride our free will and make us all accept Jesus?

One of the things I love about God is that he has certain principals that He won't violate.  Things you can count on.  One of those things is that God gives us free will and respects our choices.  I think God wants our belief and submission to Him to be totally voluntary. 

So to answer the question above, I believe the answer is no.  As one proof I offer this verse that I read this morning. 

Matthew 23:37-39(NKJV)
37“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 
38See! Your house is left to you desolate; 
39for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’£

This is Jesus talking so I would say that is pretty definitive.  Jesus would love to have a relationship with each and every person out there but Jesus will never force Himself on anyone.  You have to come to Him.

Have you done that yet?  There is no better life in the world than a life lived with Jesus guiding you.  Why not let Jesus lead your life.  Just ask Him to take over.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment