Search This Blog

Friday, November 7, 2014

Which Comes First, Tribulation or Rapture?


I have written several times about end times predictions.  About my skepticism of anyone who says they have it figured out.  In Scripture Jesus tells us that even He doesn't know the exact time so what makes anyone on earth so sure they have figured it out.  

However we are told to keep watch and be ready because it will happen when we least expect it.  Jesus does give us some signs to watch for.  He says these signs are like the signs of the season.  Just as spring leads to summer, these things lead to the end.

Two of those signs are the Tribulation and the Rapture.  According to what Jesus says in Matthew 24, both of those things have to happen before Jesus comes. 

The order of those two things happening is what I am confused about.  In Matthew 24 I think Jesus makes it pretty clear that the Tribulation happens first and the Rapture happens second.  What has me a little confused is that in the great book series "Left Behind" it happens in the reverse order. 

Which one is correct?  Something I'll have to watch for in future studies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment