Search This Blog

Monday, October 26, 2015

Talk about a life guiding Scripture!


1 Peter 4:11(NKJV)
If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Isn't that a great Scripture?  If you are going to minister to people, do it with the abilities that God supplies.

Think about what that is saying.  You don't have to wait until you have graduated divinity school to minister to God's people.  We can get started right now, with the abilities that God has given us today!  Pretty cool isn't it?

So what does that mean?  I'll give you an example.  A little over 4 years ago God prompted me to start this blog.  My initial response was just like Moses.  "Sorry God but I think you have the wrong guy." 

Well God can be very persuasive (sometimes with a 2x4 upside the head :) and so I started the blog.  I have no special training other than having let the Holy Spirit lead me through the Bible repeatedly over the years.  But because I was obedient to God, God supplied me with the skills to carry out the mission.  Pretty cool.

This also illustrates the hidden secret of that passage.  If we minister, God will ALWAYS supply the skills for the role He has chosen for us!

But do you know where all of this starts?  It starts with accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior.  Have you done that yet?  If not why not do it right now?  Would you like God guiding your life too?  Then just ask Jesus to take over.  Have a conversation with Jesus.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment