Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2016

"…but the greatest of these is love." Is it?



I'm afraid I would have to disagree. 

1 Corinthians 13:13(NKJV)
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I think the greatest would have to be faith.  Here is why.  Without faith there is no salvation.  Scripture is very clear on this.  We have to have faith and believe that Jesus is the Son of God.  He was crucified and raised from the dead.  He ascended into Heaven and now sits at the right hand of God. 

You can have all the love in the world but if you don't have the faith to believe the claims of Jesus then you will not be saved.

Now don't get me wrong, I think love is very important.  I just don't think it is the most important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment