Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Goals without action are just wishes according to Paul. I happen to agree with him on this.


I found this today.  I think it really speaks to the part of human nature that causes many to fail.  That cause is lack of action.

2 Corinthians 8:10-11(NKJV)
And in this I give advice: It is to your advantage not only to be doing what you began and were desiring to do a year ago; 
but now you also must complete the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there also may be a completion out of what you have. 

In other words goals without action are simply wishes.

Scripture tells us that God will give us visions and dreams of the plans He has for us.  Many people experience this and get all excited.  They tell you how committed they are.  I think that is what the Scripture above means with this phrase: "there was a readiness to desire it".

So how come so many people never achieve those dreams?  I believe what the Scripture above is describing is lack of follow through.  "You must also complete the doing of it".  And what is the biggest indicator of lack of follow through? 

Lack of action!  There is an old saying that has a lot of truth in it.  "What you do speaks so loudly that I can't hear what you say".  Lack of action on goals practically screams "lack of follow through".

I think one of the reasons that this caught my eye is that it is particularly relevant in my life today.   As we go through a change of season and embark on new adventures I find that action is the key to determining on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis whether we have advanced towards our goals or not.  That is why I set concrete action goals for each day and week.

Do you want to succeed in life?  Grab a Bible and read it.  All you need to know about how to succeed is in there.  All you have to do is read it……AND TAKE ACTION!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment