Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2017

Diversity


I saw an article the other day that was debating what the value of diversity is in our country.  Those on the left seem to view diversity as one of the highest values.  Those on the right disagree.  We think diversity should be secondary to focusing on the things that unite us, not the things that make us different.

I normally try not to get very political here but I ran across this Scripture today and thought it was worth commenting on.  Take a look at what Scripture has to say about the issue.

1 Corinthians 12:4-6(NKJV)
There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 
There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 
And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 

Now this is just my interpretation and I could be wrong but here is the way I see it.  In all three lines we see that diversity is mentioned in the first part of the line but then we are reminded that even though there is diversity, we are serving the same God.  So for me at least, this passages makes clear that unity is the dominant theme here, not diversity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment