Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

"Therefore Jesus no longer walked openly among the Jews"


That is really hard to imagine for me.  Here you have the Son of God and He has to slink around and hide himself somewhat to avoid the Jews who were trying to kill Him?  There is a lesson to be learned here I think.  Read the text and I'll give you my take on the other side.

John 11:54(NKJV)
Therefore Jesus no longer walked openly among the Jews, but went from there into the country near the wilderness, to a city called Ephraim, and there remained with His disciples.

OK, here goes.  Jesus could have called down the wrath of God on these people any time He wanted and they would have all been condemned and killed.  But Jesus chose not to do that.  Jesus chose to hide Himself instead.  Why would He do that?

I think one of the lessons we can learn here is that we have to think and act tactically.  In another part of Scripture, I think Jesus says it but I am not sure, we are told to be sly as a fox.  I think that is what Jesus is demonstrating here.  While Jesus had the power to crush His opposition Jesus held back.  He didn't do it right then.  They say sometimes timing is everything and I think that is part of what was going on here.  Make sense?


No comments:

Post a Comment