Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Do we need to be chameleons to win others to Christ?


That was really a rhetorical question.  I don't believe we need to be chameleons to win others to Christ.  What prompted this question was the following passage by Paul.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23(NKJV)
For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 
and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 
to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 
to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 
Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

I believe this is simply a matter of differing styles.  To me it would seem dishonest not to be who I am.  What you see is what you get.  That's not to say that I think Paul is being dishonest.  If I were to put a word on it I think this is just Paul's way of saying he empathized with lots of different people.

So is one way right and the other way wrong?  Not at all.  Different people are reached by different messages and methods.  The Gospel needs to be presented in many different ways to reach all people as we are commended to do. 

So I think the more important question is what can each of us do to reach more people for Christ in our own individual ways? 

No comments:

Post a Comment