Search This Blog

Thursday, December 21, 2017

"Even though the outward man is perishing…."


Man, as I age this Scripture has new meaning. 

2 Corinthians 4:16-18(NKJV)
Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 
while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

It's amazing how the body begins to break down over time.  Now I'm not deathly ill or anything.  I'm just talking about the normal process of aging.  Things begin to hurt for no reason.  Some of my joints don't work as well as they used to.  I'm not as flexible as I once was.

I thought it was just me.  Gail and I were talking the other day and it is happening to her too.  We are more careful when we bend over to pick things up.  We are more careful to make sure we don't fall, etc. 

But through it all the "inward man is being renewed day by day".  It still all goes back to the foundational verse in my life.  Romans 5:3-5.  Take joy in your tribulations!!!!!  It's just not that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things.  My grandson Rico has heard me say it so many times that it comes out of his mouth automatically as well.  No matter what happens, the response is "no big deal". 

Take joy in your tribulations!!!!!  Every day thank God for the blessings in your life and thank Him for each and every opportunity He gives you for growth (tribulations).  I believe it is that spirit that gives us the continued growth if the inward man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment