Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Marvel and Wonder

Marvel and Wonder!  What a glorious God we serve!

Those are big soaring words aren't they?  But what do they really mean?  Is that just a fancy way of saying that God "did something pretty cool " or does Marvel and Wonder go deeper than that?

Here is what I mean.  As I begin this journey in writing this blog I sit here this morning looking back in my life at the things that have led me to this place, here and now.  And I can only marvel at the long term and intricate planning that God has put into bringing me to this point in my life. 

There are many that would say that it was all just coincidence.  Maybe (Just to be clear, this is a rhetorical "maybe" because I certainly don't think so!).  But I have always believed that coincidences are just little miracles that God chooses not to take credit for.  Here are some of the "coincidences" that have led up to this blog.  For the sake of brevity I am only going to look at the last five years of "coincidences". 

Was it a coincidence that God led me to start keeping a Bible Reading Journal in 2006?  Was it a coincidence that when I was looking for a new church I attended VFC because we had visited there once back in 2004 because one of my oldest son's best friends went there?  Was it a coincidence that  I started writing in my profession 2 years ago?  Was it a coincidence that I was prompted to go back and start reading what I had written? 

Not likely in my opinion.  As I look back I can see more of the pieces of the puzzle falling into place.  There are so many more little "coincidences" that I will share in the future that there is no way that it could have just been  coincidence.  And the plan has been so intricate that any word less than Marvel is inadequate to describe the total amazement I feel as I live through and witness God's ability bring His plan to fruition!

So folks, today spend a little time looking back in your lives and Marvel at what God has done, and is doing for you!  And if you feel so inclined please share with the rest of us some of those stories so we also can Marvel and Wonder at the Glorious God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment