Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trusting God Can Be Scary!

Trusting God can be scary!  Why?  Because it sometimes requires us to step out in faith in new directions and just totally trust that God knows what He is doing and that as long as we follow Him, we will be OK.

Here  is one of those things that I am wrestling with as I start this new blog venture.  What to write today?  As I begin this journey that God has appointed me to I wonder and daydream about what shape or structure I am to use.  Should I write daily, weekly, just whenever?  Should I have a theme?  Just how should I do things?  Well as I prayed about this I am feeling God tell me to just write for now.  The questions of style and structure will come in time.   

After receiving that answer to my prayer as I was reading my notes from February 17, 2010 I ran across this note.  "Don’t worry about what to say, let the Spirit lead.".  How is that for confirmation?  I don't know about you but that is good enough for me.  I'm just going to start writing. 

Let's begin by looking at another part of the entry from February 17, 2010 below.
--------
Feb17, 2010
Psalm 77 and Matt 14

Title : The Bible Reader’s Companion

Peter’s example  (14:22-31). Peter has been criticized for looking away from Jesus. Actually, we need to applaud his readiness to step out on the sea. After all, the other disciples stayed in the boat! It’s true that if we step out in faith we risk failure. But only by stepping out will we personally experience Christ’s power.
------------------ 
Great comment!  This comment is from the Bible Reader's Companion.  I love the change of focus from what Peter didn't do to what Peter did do.  He took a leap of faith!  Did it work out perfectly for him?  No.  Was he criticized?  Yes.  Do you think it was scary for him?  Of course it was.  But he did it!!!

If I look back in my life I can see how my being willing to step out in faith has allowed Christ to use me.  It kind of goes along with my belief of "When God calls, answer the call!"  When you can look back in your life and see times where you have "answered the call" I believe that can help build your faith.  It's kind of like a muscle.  The more you use it the stronger it gets.  The more you live by faith the stronger your faith gets which gives you the faith to take bigger and bigger steps. 

I would love to hear from you.  Please share a time in your life when you took a step of faith that was scary, and how it worked out for you.  How did it help or hurt your muscle of faith?

1 comment:

  1. I asked God to show me a sign for whether or not I should quit running in college. I knew if I quit, I'd have to find some way to pay for college. God gave the a very clear sign and I had to trust Him that He would provide. One thing I wanted was to not regret or even have to worry about regretting quiting and with God's clear sign, I never regretted it once. God came through and provided for me an brought so much more joy to my life after I was done running.

    ReplyDelete