Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2015

“For My sword shall be bathed in heaven; "


Wow, that's not a view normally associated with Heaven.

Isaiah 34:5-6(NKJV)
5    “For My sword shall be bathed in heaven;      Indeed it shall come down on Edom,     And on the people of My curse, for judgment.
6    The sword of the Lord is filled with blood,     It is made overflowing with fatness,     With the blood of lambs and goats,     With the fat of the kidneys of rams.     For the Lord has a sacrifice in Bozrah,     And a great slaughter in the land of Edom.

One of the reasons that I read one chapter form the Old Testament and one chapter from the New Testament each day is that I love the contrast you get between the two. 

These verses are a great example.  You don't see as much of the wrathful God in the New Testament.  There are many who seem to think that the wrathful God is no longer a threat.  That the God of love has taken over and we can all sing Kumbaya now.  I'd suggest that many who believe that will be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment