Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2015

Love when God drops a major revelation on me!


Man I love the guiding of the Holy Spirit!  I've lost track of how many times I have read the Bible but it is amazing how one verse that you have read many, many times suddenly jumps out and speaks to you.  To me that is the Holy
Spirit guiding me.  If you've never experienced that then read on and I'll tell you how to get it.

But first let's get to the verse that made me go WOW!

Isaiah 27:11(NKJV)
11    When its boughs are withered, they will be broken off;     The women come and set them on fire.     For it is a people of no understanding;     Therefore He who made them will not have mercy on them,     And He who formed them will show them no favor.

One of the things that I have been collecting Scripture on and hope to write a book about some day is what I see as the tension between serving a just and merciful God, being a follower of Jesus and all of the benefits Scripture tells us that entails, and the Saintly Poor. 

What I mean by the Saintly Poor is that there are a lot of Scripture that seems to say the poor should get all of the benefits of being a Christian without making the commitment to Christ. 

The tension I see is "How is it just to give the blessing of being in the family of God without making a commitment to the family of God?".  Does that make sense? 

I could go on and will some other time but let me get to the point.  Who gets God's mercy?  And if God's mercy is automatic, such as people seem to think in the case of the poor, then is it still even mercy? 

As an example it seems that many seem to interpret Scripture to say that God will have mercy on the poor for the tough time they have had of it and they will get all of the benefits of being believers in Christ without believing in Christ.

Now in my pointing that out others will say how can you question God?  Scripture tells us that God will have mercy on whomever He chooses to have mercy on and that is correct.

That is why I was so excited when Isaiah 27:11 jumped out at me.  Here we have a Scripture that tells us who God won't have mercy on.  God won't have mercy on those who don't seek understanding. 

Understand of what?  Throughout Scripture we are told to seek wisdom and understanding of God.  So I believe the logical conclusion here is that God is saying that He won't have mercy on those who don't seek Him.

For me that helps a lot!

Above I promised to tell how you can get the guiding of the Holy Spirit.  That's simple.  Just ask Jesus to come into your life and guide you.  When you accept Jesus you get the Holy Spirit to guide you.  Then simply spend time each day in God's Word and in prayer, seeking God's Wisdom and Understanding.

Just have a conversation with Jesus.  Tell Him where you are at in life and what you need.  Just ask Him to take over.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment