Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It's Faith Not Works, Correct?


Anyone who says there are no contradictions in the Bible are simply lying to themselves and others in my opinion.  I think it gives us less credibility when we try to deny or rationalize the obvious.  Just my opinion.

Here is an example. 

It seems to me that it is accepted Christian dogma that you can not be saved (receive eternal life) without accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.  We have been taught that our salvation is a gift based on faith so that no man may boast that they earned their salvation. 

So how do you explain this?

Romans 2:5-11(NKJV)
5But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 
6who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:£ 
7eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 
8but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 
9tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 
10but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 
11For there is no partiality with God.

Huh?  What I highlighted doesn't mention a thing about Jesus and seems to be all about earning eternal life through works.  

Not quite sure what to make of that.  That is why I love having the Holy Spirit to guide me.  While I find it puzzling right now, I have absolutely no doubt that the Holy Spirit will reveal the meaning to me when I need to know it.  How can I be so confident of that happening?  Because I have experienced it time after time after time when I stay in God's Word.

If you aren't already doing so why not give reading God's Word on a daily basis a try?  I can promise you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment