Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

Go with the flow of the Holy Spirit!


Acts 16:6-7(NKJV)
6Now when they had gone through Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia. 
7After they had come to Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the £Spirit did not permit them. 

Have you ever experienced this in life?  I have many times and it can be really frustrating, especially for a control freak like myself.  You see my timing and the timing of the Holy Spirit are often vastly different.  Let me give you an example

There will be things that need to be done to reach my goals.  I try to always pray for God's guidance in all I do but I want Him to give me that guidance in my time frame not His.  God is so cool because he says "Dude you can have guidance or you can have timing; but you can't have both.  You choose."

I choose guidance but that leaves me feeling a bit powerless which is really uncomfortable for a control freak.  Powerless from the standpoint that I know what needs to be done but God hasn't given me the go ahead to do it yet.

This can go on for days.  Getting up every day intending to do something but just can't seem to make it happen.  Just as the Scripture above speaks of the Holy Spirit not letting them go into Asia, I believe that is exactly what I experience as well.  The Holy Spirit actually stops me from proceeding.

As long as I trust God it never fails.  At some point the Holy Spirit says "OK, now it is time to execute your plan.  Go get'em!" and at that point I go from not being able to make it happen to being unstoppable as long as I am following God's guidance.  Make sense?

So as far as I am concerned going with the flow of the Holy Spirit is the only way to go!

Would you like to have God guide you like that as well?  It's easy.  It starts by asking Jesus to come into your life and guide you.  Have you done that yet?  Why not do it right now?  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment