Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

All of this requires judgment does it not?


As many of you know, one of my pet peeves is using Scripture out of context and I think one of the most misused Scriptures is "Thou shall not judge.".  Many people take that one Scripture and use it to say that Christians should never make judgments.  That is just flat out Scripturally wrong. 

I ran across these verses from Ezekiel the other day and found it interesting that not only does Scripture say there are times we should make judgments but Scripture also tells us how to make those judgments. 

Ezekiel 44:23-24(NKJV)
“And they shall teach My people the difference between the holy and the unholy, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean. 
In controversy they shall stand as judges, and judge it according to My judgments. They shall keep My laws and My statutes in all My appointed meetings, and they shall hallow My Sabbaths.

So first God tells us that we will have to discern between the unclean and the clean.  That discernment requires judgement does it not?

And then it goes on to say that we will indeed be called on to make some judgements but here is the key in my opinion.  It tells us what to base those judgments on.  In other words God gives us the standard we are to use when making judgments. 

Interesting isn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment