Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2015

Beware of the slant!


I watched a show last night on the History Channel about the Dark ages.  Here is what really stood out to me from that show.

The anti Christian slant.  Now I try not to be too sensitive about this stuff and I know it really shouldn't surprise  me because we are warned in Scripture that we will be smeared along with Christ….but still when I see stuff like this I can't help but point it out.

In the story of the Dark Ages which starts with the fall of Rome around 450 AD and spans about 1000 years, the History Channel talked about the importance of the spread of Christianity during that time period. 

So far so good.  Here is what got me.

In every single case they framed the contributions that the different people made as totally political.  Never once did they attribute their motives to simply being totally devoted to God. 

To me that was revealing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment